Thursday, September 27, 2012
Round 2...DING!
So, I owe you all a big apology. It has been far too long since I've posted. I realized that I've posted a lot more about the bad stuff, and not enough about the good. So I'm gonna try harder to keep up both sides.
I've basically just been getting along with everyday life since my last post. But it's been good. I got to go home for a weekend and spend time with my friends and my Hubby. It was so nice to have some "normal" time. That might sound strange, but as much as I love my parents, and appreciate everything they are doing for me - more than I can put into words - I'm still 32 years old and living with my parents. Again. It is a little surreal. When I went home with Chris (my Hubby) I felt like a full-fledged grown up again. LOL!
Don't get me wrong though, my relationships with my parents are growing and evolving into something that I never realized they could be. Dad and I almost always got along really well, but I've always been "Daddy's little girl." Mom and I (especially when I was a teen) had a fairly big rocky patch, I guess we were just too much alike! But now, we're becoming so close...it is kind of amazing. I still need some time to myself, I mean who doesn't? But we get along so much better than we ever have in the past, it's like we understand each other now and know when we need space and when we need a hug. Wow...the steroids are working overtime! LOL Not only are they making me weepy, but sentimental too! Damn this "being a girl" thing! *laughs*
Ok, what else...I've been doing a little cooking, which is fun! I love cooking, actually, but Hubby is a picky eater, and I don't like cooking for one. So being here with Mom and Dad has given me a reason to try out some new recipes, and try to remember some much loved old ones. And! The nurses at the Cancer Center are up for being guinea pigs...So I may have to do some experimenting and recipe changing. I think I'll be making some pepperoni rolls this week, depending on how I feel.
I had my second round of chemo yesterday, and have mostly slept since then. You know, I was kind of prepared for the icky, flu-like symptoms, I read a fair amount on what "should" happen while on chemo. But I''m finding that everyone reacts differently to everything. I was completely unprepared for just how tired I would feel. I don't mean just sleepy, I mean not having the energy to get up off the couch to walk to the fridge to get a drink. It's weird when you have to talk yourself into doing things like that. I sometimes wonder if I am just THAT lazy! *grins*
But last time the sleepiness only lasted a few days, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Also, this time around, I am going to try to keep eating and take my anti-nausea meds as soon as I start feeling icky. One of my nurses said to keep up with them and hopefully I'll feel better this time! Not that it was all that horrible the first time around, but hey, not puking is always better than puking, amiright??
Oh!! I almost forgot! I dragged my parents out into the garden week before last! Now, this might now sound like a lot, but...I hate plants, I hate weeding, and I HATE dirt. But I REALLLLLLY wanted to pick corn and tomatoes. I think I am going a bit off my rocker! LOL! Well, the corn had gone bad, it was way too dry this year and the few rows Mom and Dad planted didn't do well, which is a damned shame, because I LOVE fresh corn! We all do! But, the tomatoes were awesome! Mom and Dad were pulling them up from the ground and I picked all the good ones from the vines. Then we did peppers and I watched them rearrange the pumpkins. It was...um...fun. Like I said, off my rocker!!
Well, I think I'm gonna go for now. Sorry it's been so long, but I haven't forgotten about y'all!
Mandy, Goober, and the Diminishing Minions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment