Monday, October 15, 2012
Long Overdue...
Howdy!
I've had a great couple of weeks!
My blood counts were good...no neulasta! AND! I got to go home for a few days! I love hanging out with my in-laws, not that we did a whole lot. Dad-in-law was very worried about me over-doing it, and he was probably right, I am as stubborn as an old donkey and try to do too much. But it was great to see them!! And I got to do more cooking! Mom has me watching The Chew most days, and I'm getting a lot of recipe ideas. I inflicted a new one on my in-laws: Mushroom Stew with Dumplings. I made a full batch - which could have served about 15 people - and in the following 3 days we finished off the lot! I've discovered, though, that I'm really not too keen on dumplings...they are a little squidgy and chewy...not my thing.
Oh, and I tried out another idea here at mom and dad's. Pepperoni rolls, sausage rolls (not the English version), and Steak-ummm rolls. The first two are really good (made enough to freeze lots!) but the steak-ummm rolls are just OK. They're not horrible, but they aren't great either. But, they are a quick and easy lunch or dinner as they're already made up and just need to be nuked! Just wish they didn't take 3 hours to make in the first place! LOL
Well, what else...
I dragged my parents out on to Wellsville, Ohio (a whole 10 minutes down the road) for a charity walk. It's called "The Dash for Mat's Bash" honoring Mathugh Johnston, who's life was cut short by Leukemia in 2007. He was only 15 years old. Every year the Wellsville Fire Dept hosts the Dash and honors another member of the community who has lost their battle with cancer. The turnout was great, over 300 people participated in the 1.5 mile run/walk. I'm happy we decided to join in, it showed me that there are a lot of people that really care.
Wish me luck for Wednesday, I have my third round of chemo and I get to see Dr Lancaster again, I have sooooooo many questions! I must write them down this time or I'll forget to ask them! I think I'll be having another PET scan soon to see how the treatments are doing and if we'll be carrying on with this cocktail or changing drinks. Fingers crossed that at least some of the "minute lesions" are gone! But I'm not even sure when the scan is going to be, so I think I may be putting the cart in front of the horse!
I guess that's about it for now. Everything else has been all the day-to-day stuff that gets boring to read about in every post! So I'm gonna leave it at that for now.
Catch ya on the flip-side!
Mandy, Goober & The pains in my butt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment