Thursday, October 18, 2012
Here we go again
Round 3, done and dusted!
Yesterday was just a complete emotional roller coaster, mainly due to the 3ish hours of sleep I got Tuesday night. My body just will not shut down the night before treatment. My Grandma took me to chemo for the first time, and we stopped for breakfast before the appointment. Guess where the steroids decided to kick in...right there in Burger King (yes, I know, what a good nutritious breakfast). There were a few people in there and of course they all got a good look at the tears running down my face, and Grandma's. Got to love the weepies. At least it gives me a cop-out if I'm having a bad day and want to get it out! The trip went well, had my treatment, plus a flu shot. Then lunch and home.
I managed to catch about an hour of zzz's then had to get ready for a funeral. One of our neighbors battled with cancer for the past few years and it finally wore him down. And it is a damn shame, because Jerald really was one of the good guys.
There is a lot I want to say about this - about him, his family, and his passing - but I really don't think I have it in me at this point. There was a lot of selfish inner reflection that took place yesterday, and I just don't think I'm ready to open that can of worms for the world just yet.
So, for the past few weeks I've been wanting to get out, and karaoke has always been my favorite kind of night out! I dragged my best friend, Tonyea, out to a little bar here in ELO. It was COMPLETELY...empty. Seriously, there were 8 people in the place when we walked in! So we had a good chat (I did most of the talking, as the infused steroids had taken over my mind and make me talk at roughly 500 words per minute). And I got up and attempted 3 songs, which with no breath was, well...interesting. And embarrassing, and infuriating. Singing has always been a part of who I am - not that I'm a great singer or anything, but music is a big part of life. It can get me moving, cheer me up, mellow me out. It is my therapist, my friend, and one of my greatest releases. And my voice is beyond ragged at the minute. My range has gone to shit, and I can't blast any notes because of the collapsed lung. Yay...at least I still have YouTube and Spotify! And Mom is really good at ignoring the dog howling in the background when I start singing in my bedroom! LOL
So, while this hasn't been the fun and fancy free posts of earlier, it is an update. I'm sure I'll be back to normal in a few days, after some good sleep and lots of anti-nausea meds!
Catch y'all later!
Mandy, Goober & the gang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment