Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cooking Through Chemo


I know, I know. I'm not keeping up my end of the bargain! I need to write more often. But I'm forgetful, and kinda lazy - well, when it comes to things I should be doing, anyhow...

But in all fairness, I have been kinda busy. The week after I last wrote I went home for 4 days, got to see my Hubbymonster and spend nice quality time with him - talking and watching movies whilst cuddling is always the best!! Also, I got to get out and see my friends, a few of which I hadn't seen since all this started. I sat down to an awesome drum set for the first time in my life - and I was a natural. LMAO! Just kidding, I sucked big old rotten eggs! I can keep a rhythm, but cannot manage more than 2 drums at once (and I have no very little idea what the lingo is, so I'm making it up as I go)! My friend says to me, "Now that you have the 4 count on the top hat and the 1 count on the snare, add a 2 count on the bass drum." And that is where it allllll fell apart. I looked like I was trippin on acid while sitting in a tornado. It was hilarious. I never realised I was quite THAT uncoordinated! Maybe with a little practice...I wonder if I could talk Mom and Dad into letting me put a set in the basement? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...just kidding Mom!

So, I'm on a mission. No, not the drum thing, but that would be cool! My mission is to make as much candy as humanly possible before Christmas. I have no idea why I decided to do this, or how the idea even came about, but it's here - with signs reading, "Hell No, We Won't Go!" So I'm making candy. Lots of candy. So far, I've made 10 batches, and have at least 3 more to work on. Maybe 4...I'm undecided on attempting hard tack. Mom says it's a pain, best friend says it's a piece of cake. But then I found a cool recipe builder on truffle making...sheesh, when I get obsessed, I really get obsessed!

Aw crap! What am I going to do in January? I'll have to find a new hobby! Oh, wait! That's right, I'm starting school again!! Before my "life got twisted upside-down" (hands up if you get the reference) I had been doing really well in my online graphic design classes! That should take up a sufficient amount of time!

Let's see, what else have I gotten up to in the past month? I helped (a very little bit) Mom and Dad with the Christmas decorations, the house yard and house look really pretty! I love Xmas lights! By the way...Xmas and Christmas are exactly the same thing to me, so I'll probably be using both terms, hopefully no one will be overly offended by it! And if they are, well, they know where the door is! LOL

I think that's pretty much it for now, I can't think (no comment) of anything else. Thursday is my next chemo, so I'll probably be out for a while.

Cya on the flip side!
Mandy, Goober, and The Chocolate Coated Minions



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy and doing quite well, Mandy! You enjoy the holidays and keep fighting your battle with all your heart! Angels are at your side. :o)

    ReplyDelete