Hello to all of you in Cyber Land!
I hope this posting finds you in good health and an excellent mood! Because that's where I am!
I am sitting at the Beaver Cancer Center with an IV in my hand, and a huge smile on my face...and it's only partially due to the steroids they've just given me!
Last week I had a CT scan to see how Goober and the Minions were getting along. It was a horrible week, My nerves were about shot, my attitude was terrible (sorry Mom and Dad), and I cried almost every day. I was terrified that the result would come back and say that not only had the chemo not worked at all, but that the tumors were growing.
In fact, it is just the opposite!! The CT showed that lesions in my soft tissue have shrunk, the fluid in and around my lung is nearly gone, AND there is more air in my lung. A little recap on the initial diagnosis - I was told that the tumor in my lung was so heavy that my lung partially collapsed under its weight...the only way that lung would open up is for that tumor to get lighter. SO! The only reason there would be more air in my lung is if it is opening back up...therefore, the tumor is shrinking! When Dr Lancaster told me that, I cried! In fact, I'm welling up again! Happy tears are something unusual at this point, so I'll shed them gladly!!
Chemo is done for today, and I am outta here! Will update again soon!!
Mandy, Skinny Goober and a couple less Minions!!!
I am so happy for you! Your strength and courage are inspiring.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! Your strength and courage are inspiring.
ReplyDeleteThat's such great news, Mandy! The way you have faced this situation is incredible!
ReplyDelete