Sunday, August 19, 2012

32 Going On 13


Ah.....
All settled in at Mom and Dad's. Spent 4 hours packing on Thursday! It's strange when you have to stop and take a break every 20 minutes or so - I'm still coming to grips with the limitations of the collapsed lung. I think it's taking so long because I feel completely normal, well, until I really exert myself and can't breathe! You would think there would be some pain or I would feel different in SOME way! Sorry, rambling!
I decided to go back to the MedExpress office to see the Physicians Assistant that sent me to the hospital in the first place. So I went on Thursday, and I'm so glad I did. Bob (the P.A.) and I talked for a little while, I told him about my diagnosis and thanked him for getting me to where I needed to be! If it wasn't for him taking the time to actually listen to my concerns (and it was a very busy evening there, the waiting room was PACKED) I might still be completely clueless to my condition. Thank God for people who care!
Things have been kinda weird the past couple of days, living back home with Mom and Dad. It's like I've turned into a kid again, lol. I even got to help with the yard work today! Dad wouldn't let me use the push mower or weed eater (not that I wanted to do that part anyhow) but I did get to cut part of the lawn on the riding mower! It feels good to contribute, you know?
So, I have been doing a lot of Googling. There's a lot of things that have occurred to me in the past few days. Things like, when I lost my hair, it's not just going to be the hair on top of my head. It's going to be ALL hair: eyebrows, lashes, underarm, pubic, leg, arm...everything! At first, I was a little shocked. THEN...I realized I won't have to shave my legs/pits for a LONG TIME! LOL
YouTube is my new best friend, btw. I watched a ton of videos on tying scarves and how to make and wear head coverings. I'm kind-of looking forward to that, I can have a different look/style for every day of the week! Plus, I have a great excuse to buy and wear big dangly earrings!
So, updates...
I meet my oncologists on Tuesday, should be interesting to see what they are like and what their plans are for me. Wednesday I go for my PET scan - woohoo, time to glow in the dark! Hopefully that will be the last test before a solid plan of action is put into place and my treatment can get underway. Not that I'm looking forward to 7-hour chemo sessions or being irradiated, but I'm up for anything, as long as it kills Goober!
Sorry Goober, but you're definitely not wanted, and your eviction notice has been served!
Ta Ta For Now!
Mandy & The Unwanted Chest-Guest, Goober

No comments:

Post a Comment