Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Back....I'm back in the saddle again!
Monday morning...woke up...sat straight up in bed...No nausea, no dizziness, no icky-sicky taste in my mouth - it was the start of the uphill climb!
I absolutely LOVE that feeling!
I didn't DO a whole lot on Monday, but it was the first day of Round 2 that I managed to stay awake all day - no nap! And Today? No nap! But I haven't done anything today either...it's been yucky out all day, and no one felt like going out anywhere.
Tomorrow, however, the Ohio River couldn't hold me back! Well, I suppose it could, but only if it floods in the next few hours! I'm off to Beaver again, I have a check-up at the Cancer Center - blood draw and calcium shot. I am really hoping that my blood counts are high enough that I don't have to have a second shot...the dreaded Neulasta. I have heard some nasty stories about this one. It makes bone marrow work overtime to create new blood cells to replace the ones that the chemo destroys. And it is supposed to hurt pretty badly - at the time of the injection and beyond...the overproduction in the bone marrow makes bones hurt. Sounds fun, right? I'll have a double...
But, I am feeling really good, so I'm hoping that is a sign that my levels are pretty normal. Of course, I could be way wrong! Plus, if my counts are really low, I could be ordered to go home and stay there for a few days with as little contact with the outside world as possible.
Now this would REALLY suck, and I'll tell you why. My mother- and father-in-law have travelled 3500 miles from England for a vacation. They got here last weekend, and I have yet to even speak to them on the phone! They are coming up tomorrow with my Hubby for a visit, and if I get the OK, I'm going home with them (to Pittsburgh, not England) until Sunday! That's 4 whole nights at home! With Hubby! And my in-laws! BTW, yes I am one of those strange people who loves her in-laws. Don't ask me how it happened, but I'm am SOOOOO not complaining!
I seriously want to go pack right now (that sounds so weird, gotta pack to go home where all my stuff should be) but I don't want to get my hopes up too high just yet...oh wait, it's too late for that! LOL
On a completely different note.
Why is it, that in those first few days after chemo, when I would kill for just a pinch of energy, I cannot seem to get my tired ass out of bed and I sleep 14-18 hours a day - but now that I KNOW I should be in it sleeping, I have all the freaking energy in the world??? Can someone answer that for me, please ?!?!?
Maybe I am working off all that sleep...and the not doing anything for a week.
By the way, lost some more weight. I'm down by just over 22lbs. Dr Dutta will not be pleased - but I am!! It's amazing how much you can lose by not eating much more than a few slices of bread and cheese for 4-5 days.
OK, time to *try* to sleep. I'm just too excited about tomorrow!! I get visitors, get out of the house for a couple of hours, and possibly get to go home for a long weekend! Who wouldn't be excited??
OK, really going now! Just try an stop me! *GRIN*
Mandy & Goober...and the little b@3t@rd3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For some reason, I thought your blogs were through Wordpress. I wondered why I wasn't being notified to read them, but I asked your mother about you. Now I found you again when your mother posted it on Facebook. I like to keep up with you. Your stories are like watching a movie where you are the heroine that everyone is cheering for. :o)
ReplyDelete